- Last Sunday, Scott went into D’s room to get him up from his nap. We found him standing in his crib, totally naked. His blankets, stuffed animal, clothes and diaper were on the floor. There was a large puddle of pee on his mattress. But of course, he was all smiles and jumping up and down.
- After emailing my ex-boss twice, I finally received my final paycheck (one month after payday), thus cutting all ties with the evil woman.
- We took our first trip to the pumpkin patch. D didn’t seem too impressed, although he loved the roasted corn and kettle corn. He also enjoyed stepping in mud puddles and falling to his knees in the mud. Next year we will remember to wear boots. I had no idea the patch was going to be so muddy.
- My parents were in town for my father’s checkup. It went great and he has now been cancer-free for an entire year. I also got to do some shopping with my mom and I picked up a few Christmas decorations. I have to get started early this year!
- My mom and dad were also here on Halloween, so they got to attend D’s daycare Halloween party, as well as go trick-or-treating with us. I think D really enjoyed it. At first, he wasn’t really sure what was going on, but after going to a couple of houses, he started walking faster and more confidently holding his Halloween bucket out for candy. I have a feeling that next year he is going to be a pro.
- Halloween evening, we noticed he was wheezing pretty heavily. After a couple times of him waking up making horrible wheezing sounds, we decided to take him to the emergency room. The doctor said he had spasmodic croup. They gave him some medication and then said the symptoms should go away within a few days. He seems fine now, but his breathing still sounds a bit wheezy at times.
- D peed on the potty for the first time at daycare! But then today, he sat on the potty for about 10 seconds, then stood up and peed on the bathroom floor.
- After more than 3 weeks, the painters finally finished up and are out of our house. I’m very happy with the results, but it still seems like we have so much left to do to finish redecorating. I am constantly thinking about the house.
- All of these happenings culminated in a horrible migraine for me on Thursday. I am sooo thankful for Scott. I was able to lay down and go to bed early while he took care of Decker. I have no idea how single parents manage when they are sick!
- Both of our college football teams (Georgia and UW) won this weekend!
Whew. That was a long week. Some pictures to go along with it.
Pumpkin patch. I swear, he looks so bored in all of these pictures, but he really did have a good time!
The best family picture we could get.
Why am I in a wheelbarrow?
Aunt Vess joined us at the pumpkin patch.
Off to trick-or-treat!
For some reason, this kid doesn’t really like sweets or chocolate that much, which means I have been consuming most of his candy.