k’s 1st birthday
It’s hard to believe our little angel is one year old already! Reviewing this blog, I realize I have not recorded many stats and happenings over K’s first year (well, I have recorded them, just not blogged.) I’m trying to carve out more time in my schedule to share some of these memories, but here’s a little bit about K at 12 months:
- Overall, she’s a very good sleeper. She started sleeping through the night around 6 months. Currently, she goes to bed between 6:30 and 7 and sleeps until about 5:30, when we give her a bottle of milk, and then usually we can get her to go back to sleep for at least another 45 minutes. I keep hoping she will “sleep in” until 6:30, but so far, no luck. She naps great at home, taking 2 naps on the weekends, but her napping at school hasn’t been so successful. She usually only naps for about 30 minutes.
- We took away her bottles (except for 1 in the morning) after her 1st birthday and there’s been no issues with that. She does great with her sippy cup and she’s also off of formula and drinking whole milk.
- Lately, she really prefers me. There’s times when she will cry and cry unless I hold her.
- She’s taken a few steps, but no consistent walking yet.
- Her latest phrase is “uh-oh.” But when she says it, her voice sounds kind of deep. It almost sounds like a grunt.
- She’s become very good at feeding herself. Some of her favorite foods now are bananas, ravioli and graham crackers.
- She loves her big brother. You will mostly find her following him around, interested in whatever he’s doing.
We headed over to Moses Lake for a joint birthday celebration with my dad and niece, Tia (who share K’s birthday), and my other niece, Tressa (who’s birthday is the next day.) I was a little nervous about how K would do sleeping in the pack n play, but she did great, going to sleep on her own both nights.